Things You Should Know About Being Gay
1. Coming out of the closet means you will be freer. There will be no need to hide around and pretend or get a beard because you don’t want people to find out. If you have a crush on a guy you think is gay, you can act on it. You don’t have to think about what people will say, because what’s done is done. You can only hope the people that matter support you.
2. People will have opinions on your new lifestyle; you need to take it with a pinch of salt, because that’s all they are opinions.
3. Some people are ignorant, while some are homophobic. Learn to differentiate between the two so you can avoid any alterations that can occur.
4. You don’t have to come out to everyone if you don’t want to. Straight people don’t announce that they are to everyone they meet, so why should you. If it’s important to tell people that you are gay in, then do it; otherwise don’t bother.
5. You are probably overthinking things. Fear can be a dangerous thing, and knowing the kind of world we live in, that’s understandable. The truth is being gay is not limited to a specific number of people, are there are more gay people than you think.
6. Getting into a gay support group is very important. They will be able to answer any questions you may have about sex or challenges you are facing. Head on to any LGBT centre near you, to find out more information.
To keep in touch with our launch dates, click here to sign up for our newsletter.