10 Gay Marriage Facts
1. Gay marriage is a fundamental right, social, cultural, political and religious issue in most part of the world. The question of if people who are biological similar should get married have been dissected and intricately discussed and there are different views on this issue worldwide.
2. Gay marriage is very different from civil union, especially in the US. A civil union is the joining of two couples without legal benefits. This can be confusing, as the two are for the same purpose but gay marriage has more recognition in other states. Civil unions are not legally binding in some states
3. Countries where gay marriage is legalized have access to gay marriage rights such as legal protection and spousal support in the event of a divorce.
4. The laws are being passed in countries but the hate crimes are on the increase in some of these said countries
5. Some adoption agencies discriminate against gay couples, irrespective of their marriage status.
6. Over 30 African countries fail to recognise gay marriage as one of the basis for the definition of marriage
7. All The five Nordic countries have legalized same-sex marriages.
8. In the 21st century, support for gay marriage has improved in all spheres of life
9. As at 2016, these countries in the us had banned same-sex marriage; Georgia, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, North Dakota, Ohio and Tennessee
10. The first mention of gay marriage occurred in the Roman Empire.
To keep in touch with our launch dates, click here to sign up for our newsletter.